Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Prove It

You tell me you love me,
so take a dip into my psyche
float with my memories until you know each one of them intimately
Baby swim with me,
caress my cerebral hemisphere until your finger and hand prints are found in the deepest crevices of my brain,
I don’t wanna just see your name or your face when I close my eyes,
I want you to be imbedded in to my cerebellum
so deeply that my movements start to spell out your name.
Want you to be entrenched in the rivers of my mind
so that our currents can join together and produce a new generation of brainwaves
that would exceed the expectations and the limitations of the word love.
Love, make love to me intellectually,
write poetry to me that make me the envy of Shakespeare’s muse.
Strip me,
leave me bare,
free me of metaphors, similes, and clichés
till nothing is left of the poet within me.
Reduce me to nothing but a naked idea.
Come here,
lay your head on my chest.
Let my heart beat be your lullaby while you sleep
just so you can dream about me.
Let me be the sunrise on the horizon of your irises,
sculpt mosaics in the image of me on the inside of your eyelids.
Tattoo my name on your tongue so you can speak me,
tell the world of my existence in your chest cavity.
Marry me mentally.
Let our love become an entity,
intangible to those not worthy enough to be hold our glory.
Walk with me.
Join me at the hip and we can travel to the end of eternity
then back track and come back again
so we can make sure we left no loose ends behind us.
Take me back to the time when you were conceived
and bury me in your skin
so I can experience everything that has ever happened to you.
I want to know the very definition of you.
I want you to become the soul definition of what makes me happy.
Want you to be able to make me react to you orgasmically,
before you ever touch me.
Want your soul to intertwine with mine intricately,
braid into me until I can feel the skip in your heart beat
every time you see me.
Then I will welcome you between the skies of my Heaven
and hold you there confidently,
cause we will be connected spiritually.
You will be able to please me in ways no one else could
and I would become the only reason you find to breathe.
Let me be your respiratory.
And in the mere absence of me
life would slowly begin to seep from your lungs.
Don’t just tell me I’m the one,
show me that you believe what you speak.
Cause believe that your words are no strangers to these ears.
Over that past couple years
I have heard everything that they have managed to throw at me,
all lacking legitimacy.
So if you tell me you love me,
be prepared when I ask you…
to prove it.

3 comments:

Nina G. said...

Prove it; the ability to demonstrate the truth of something (love) through evidence or argument.

Up & coming poet extraordinaire, Sh@e, delivers self truths in the form of poetic prose. Her writings frame the struggles of young womyn of color everywhere and open the listener up to a fresh sense of bliss. Prove it, is a demonstration of the young persons ability to understand love.

Shelle said...

uh huh, very grown up miss lady...

"till nothing is left of the poet within me.
Reduce me to nothing but a naked idea."...to become this vulnerable is all about trust

"welcome you between the skies of my Heaven"...very good metaphor

"So if you tell me you love me,
be prepared when I ask you…
to prove it.".....helluva ending

wow, yeah...i really like this sis, beautiful imagery...they ain't ready lol

BigSleep666 said...

Over that past couple years
I have heard everything that they have managed to throw at me,
all lacking legitimacy.

Very nice! My favorite part!